Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trying another baked good today

Okay, yesterday the muffins were a total flop. Well, maybe not totally. You know how I said I was going to throw them out to the birds and squirrels? Well, our boy cat, Toby, who eats about everything, found them. I watched him go from muffin to muffin enjoying every bite. He is one strange cat.

Anywho, today I am baking a banana and walnut bread and using Splenda in place of the sugar. I am trying to be good. Also, I want to have some homemade snacks for our long drive to South Carolina. You can spend a bundle at convenient stores on sodas and snacks on a trip. This way, we save bucks, and we also know what we are putting in our bodies. Dd won't eat this so I will think of something else for her. The bread is baking and this kitchen is smelling yummy.

I've already made the pasta salad to go with dinner tonight. When the bread is done I will put the chicken in the oven and later put the corn on to cook. I am also cooking Italian green beans with a couple of potatoes that needed to be used up. We are going to have a nice sit down dinner tonight and read a family devotion.

So, I guess I will throw a couple of logs on the fire too. I just love me a nice warm sizzling fire in the fireplace. Dh is not much of a fan and neither is our boy cat, Toby. He avoids the den when there is a fire. His sister, Tabby, loves her a nice fire just like her mommy. :)

Later, I'm sending dd and her daddy out to buy shoes and socks for an Appalachian child. Her school is gathering new shoes and socks to help these needy children. I hope this little one will be blessed with his new shoes and socks.

Have a blessed evening.

Pam

No comments: