Monday, November 17, 2014

Menu for week of November 17th


Monday:  Dinner out the the daughter!

Tuesday:  Deep Dish Pizza Casserole and Salad

Wednesday:  Favorite Chinese Take Out with my parents!

Thursday:  Cajun Steak and Potatoes (recipe below) more Salad

Friday:  Chicken Cordon Blue, Baked Potatoes and Baked Zucchini Sticks

Saturday:  Leaving for the beach with daughter!

This is a copycat recipe and I'm not sure where I got it. I've had it a long time.  I'm using gold potatoes as that is what I have on hand and they are so delicious!  And I'm grilling on top of the stove with a grill pan.

CAJUN STEAK AND POTATOES - Like Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak

2 T. dry Cajun seasoning
2 T. olive oil, divided
2 lb. boneless sirloin steak, about 1 1/2" thick
1 medium onion, halved, cut into 1/4" thick slices
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. small red potatoes, quartered
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 T. chopped fresh parsley, divided

Prepare grill for direct-heat grilling. Combine seasoning with 1 T. oil; brush over steak. Grill, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare, 8-9 minutes per side. (I like mine cooked longer) Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 min. Add potatoes; stir in salt and pepper. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, 10-12 min. Stir in 1 T. parsley. Transfer steak and potato mixture to serving platter; sprinkle with remaining parsley.

Makes 6 servings; Per serving: 408 cal; 33 g. protein; 22 g. fat (8 g. saturated); 102 mg. chol; 17 g. carbs; 810 mg. sodium, 2 g. fiber; 1 g. sugar

That's my week.  Go to  for menu planning inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by.

Pam 


No comments: