Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

This is supposed to be Father Time!  LOL
Happy new year everyone!  I am sitting in our condo at Fairfield Glade on our last full day of vacation. We are all coming back a day early.  My back has been hurting and I have been very stiff and sore all week and hubby has to go to work Friday night and will need a good days sleep before that, so we are all leaving early.  I hate it when my back acts up like this, especially while on vacation.  I was really wanting to go into town and check out the after Christmas sales but it doesn't look like that will happen. I also wanted to drive to Cookeville to visit my nephew and take him some cookies.  I hope my back is well enough on Friday for me to go grocery shopping as I know our house will need restocking after being away.

While sitting here in my chair, I did take some time to think about some goals to aspire to in 2014.  Here is what I would like to see happen in my life this year.

As far as my marriage goes, I would like to see hubby and I have a date night/day at least once a month. This will take some effort and planning, as he has a crazy work schedule.  But I do think one date is possible, don't you?  I was thinking we could take turns planning the date.

I think we should do something as a family once a month as well.  That could be in or out.  We could always stay in and play board games or something like that.  Honestly, we do spend a lot of time together anyways.  We live in this huge house but we are always in the same room together, either watching TV, reading, or spending time on our laptops and tablets.  But doing something together that doesn't include electronics would be refreshing.

I would also like to spend more time with my parents.  Time is passing by so quickly.  They live a good 45 minute drive from me which is very doable.  I just need to make the effort to do it.

Also, I am hoping, praying, and believing that we will finally move this year.  I have wanted/needed to do this for so long.  With my back, knees and health problems, I have needed to get out of this home with three floors into something easier for me to maneuver in.  This will not be an easy task.  It is hard work to sell your home and move into a new one.  But I want it and need it very badly.  My doctor believes I have fibromyalgia and that makes for a lot of days when I don't have the energy to do the things I want or need to do.  I will need to rely on my husband and daughter to help do what needs to be done to accomplish this task.

As for myself, I need to make a lot of changes in my life.  I have felt so bad for so long.  I want to feel good!  I need to make changes in my diet and I really need to incorporate exercise into my day.  I know I am not able to do much but walking on the treadmill regularly is my goal.  I may have to start out easy but will build up from that.  That and some work with some light hand weights may be all I can accomplish for now.  I know I will still have good days and bad days but at least I can say I am doing all I can to feel better.

I need to get in more water and remember to take ALL of my vitamins.  I have slacked off on this and need to do this for my health.  Also, sticking to a regular bedtime would be helpful.  Most school days, I get up early, around 6:30 to see that daughter gets ready for school and I drive her to school.  A lot of days, if I didn't get in all my sleep, I return to bed.  I hate that.  I feel like so much of my day is wasted. When hubby is off he often takes her to school which allows me to sleep in if needed.  I would like to get to bed early because it does take me a while to fall asleep.  By going to bed when most people do doesn't work for me because I need an  hour or so just to feel sleepy enough to go to sleep, if that makes sense.  So I need to get an earlier start on that.

Spiritually, I need to spend more time in God's work and prayer.  Hardly a day goes by that I am not thanking God for my blessings and asking for his help in my life, but I have really slacked off on reading his Word.  I used to do this nightly.  I would like to get back into that reading plan but also reading during the day when I am fully awake and able to "study" more.  Due to my insomnia and health problems, I have missed attending our Adult Bible Fellowship (Sunday School class) and have only attended church services on occasion as they start at 11:00 and daughter's class is also at 11:00.  I am hoping that by getting into a bedtime routine may help me to be able to attend ABF more faithfully.  I miss that fellowship.

As someone who has chronic health problems, I tend to let my appearance go.  I spend a lot of days in my pj's.  I'm just saying.  I need to make more of an effort to get fully dressed and even put makeup on my face. Sometimes, just doing that, is difficult, but it is worth it and can lift my spirits a bit.

I want to journal more in my gratitude journal and blog more in 2014.  This blog has become a diary of sorts.  I use it to track what I am feeding my family and sometimes use it as a form of accountability for me.  I would like to put more effort into that as it is something that is not physically hard and I am on my laptop quite a lot through out the day anyway.

Once I am settled into our new home, I want to return to my love of scrapbooking and photography.  I have put that on the back burner for way too long.  But I won't have time or be able to make time for that for a while.  I am hoping to have a designated scrapbooking room in our new home as well.  My scrapbooking room here has become a catch all and is so piled up I couldn't get in there and scrapbook even if I wanted too!

So that's what's on my mind.  These are things I would like to see accomplished this year.  I feel like it is doable and there is nothing really outrageous here.  How about you?  Do you set goals for yourself at the first of the year?

Once again, thank you for stopping by my little blog.  Please come back again.

Pam

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Pam! It was nice to catch up with you. I hope this is the year you get your new home. So sorry you have so much pain, I know how that can be. I've been in a slump myself and share some of your same goals, such as getting in the word more.