Happy Memorial Day!
Today: BBQ at my Mother-in-Love's
Tuesday: Mexican Chicken Rolls (recipe below), Jalapeno Corn Casserole, Salad
Wednesday: Favorite Beans and Rice (didn't make this last week), Cornbread
Thursday: Frank and Cheese Casserole, Slaw
Friday: Turkey Burgers and Oven Fries
Saturday: Chicken Tater Bake (recipe below), Salad
Sunday: Ham, Green Bean Bundles, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Mexican Chicken Rolls
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 package Monterey jack cheese with
peppers ( 8 oz) cut crosswise into 8
1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet
or rolling pin. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll
up from short side, and secure with wooden picks. Dip chicken rolls in
butter, and dredge in bread crumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down,
on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm; transfer to a large
heavy-duty plastic freeze bag and return to freezer. Freeze up to 6 months.
To serve, place frozen chicken rolls in a lightly greased
11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; bake at 400 ° F for 30 minutes.
Chicken Tater Bake
12 Servings Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
* 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
* 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
* In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir
* over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in
* the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
* Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater
* Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
* Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the
* remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10
* minutes longer or until heated through.
* To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before
* baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4
* hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
To to http://orgjunkie.com/ for many more menus. Thanks for stopping by.