Friday, December 7, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal


In my life this week...hubby is sick and is home for the third day.  He has a bad cough.  I don't think it is the flu.  Don'tcha just hate it when your husband is sick?

In our homeschool this week...daughter is just plugging along.  We are way behind in pre-algebra.  Ugh...

Places we're going and people we're seeing...we went to Dollywood Sunday afternoon and stayed until dark.  It was fun to ride the train around the property after dark and see all the Christmas lights.  I think this was probably our last trip of the year.

My favorite thing this week...our date night on Friday night.  We had a nice dinner at a favorite restaurant and got to see the new James Bond film, Skyfall.  Did I mention it was a double date with our favorite couple?  I haven't been on a date in so long.

Things I'm working on...I've been doubling quite a few meals and filling our basement freezer.  It feels good to have meals already prepared for those days when I don't feel up to cooking.

I'm grateful for...Christmas and the fact that we can still celebrate it in this country and share the true meaning of the season.

I'm praying for...friends with sick and/or dying loved ones.  My heart goes out to them.





Thanks for stopping by Second Star Academy.  Please come back again!

Pam

No comments: