Friday, September 21, 2012

The Homeschooling Mother's Journal



In my life this week...I'm telling you, this week flew by for me.  It was so nice having hubby home for several days.  He goes back to work tonight for the next four nights.  It's a tough schedule but we are so grateful to God for giving him this job.  In my home we accomplished more work in the master bath and bedroom.  I'm really loving the new paint on the walls.  I love having a clean room to sleep in.  I need to work harder to make my bedroom a haven.  We didn't get to the garage project this time but we will get to it when we can.

In our homeschool this week...daughter is trying to work ahead in anticipation of our trip to Florida.  She gets easily distracted by other things she would rather be doing :/

I am inspired by...fall, my most favorite time of the year!  I have the windows open in our bedroom all day and night and am enjoying the cooler temperatures!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...leaving on Thursday next week to drive to Florida with my MIL and Aunt.  We are going to stop about halfway to spend the night somewhere.  It's too long of a drive on my old back.  My doctor suggests we stop every two hours to stretch and walk a bit.  I think that will be good advice.

My favorite thing this week was...the beautiful weather we are having :)

Things I'm working on...I'm always working on being more organized, having less clutter and a more simple life.  (easier said than done)  Enjoying each day that the Lord has given us.

I'm cooking...made delicious taco soup last night.  I love it.  It is especially good in the fall and winter.

I'm thankful for...God's blessings on my life :)

I'm praying for...friends of ours in Ethiopia who are adopting the cutest little boy ever.  They have hoops to jump through before bringing him home and praying all goes as God plans.

Thank you for stopping by Second Star Academy.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend and week with your loved ones.

Pam



No comments: