Saturday, August 23, 2008

Menu went askew

Sometimes I plan my dinner menus and we don't get to it all. For example, this week we opted for Chinese food one evening. We took this to my parents house to celebrate my mom's 77th birthday. I also didn't get to the ribs on Thursday and we had leftover chicken instead. Life happens.

Today I am cooking the ribs in the crock pot with Butt Rub all over them. Later I will add bbq sauce. Dh may also stick them on the grill for a bit for that nice outdoors flavor. I have made my favorite broccoli salad, Bodacious Broccoli Salad and it is awaiting us in the refrigerator. I had broccoli that needed to be eaten and will fix the slaw on another day.

I am also making homemade stuffed peppers today to put in the freezer. When we eat them I will just thaw them and cook them in some yummy marinara sauce. Dh loves stuffed pepeprs. My pantry and freezer and fridge are well stocked. :)

Do you have a favorite meal(s) you like to freeze? I love having freezer friendly recipes. It just takes a little planning a couple days in advance to thaw the meal in the fridge. Then just pop it in the oven, sit down and put your feet up, and viola! a home cooked meal that looks like you worked very hard to make. :)

Have a blessed day!

Pam

No comments: