Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grocery Store Woes

Do you hate going to the grocery store? I am finding lately that it has become a real chore for me. I once looked forward to it. Kinda took care of my retail therapy needs, know what I mean? But now, it's really one of those things I put off, and put off, and put off. Then when I go, I have so much to buy, that it becomes a really big chore for dd and dh who carry in most of the bags. If I go while dh is at work I usually just bring in the cold and frozen stuff. I figure if I do the meal planning and the shopping, someone else can carry in the bags.

Our garage is in the basement. Ugh. I despise carrying groceries up the stairs. My next house with have a garage next to the kitchen! That would make life for these old knees and back so much better!

I make a grocery list on Sunday or Monday along with my meal plan. I clip coupons I think I might use, etc. Then as each day comes I come up with some excuse for not going. Does anyone else feel this way? Am I just getting old?

I just made chocolate chip cookies for dd. I used a devils food cake mix. It was super simple. Didn't make all that many though. Must save some cookies for dh. Must not eat all the cookies. Must leave cookies alone. Do not touch cookies. Do not breathe the chocolately kitchen air. Do not look at cookies. Oh, it is sooooo good...

Pam

No comments: